In summers, sun drains us out completely. Many of us feels dehydrated and feel low energy level. So, we must add some special food for summer for extra care. Here, we will discuss healthiest food for summer to stay fit and active in this heatwave. Note that antioxidants are crucial for health. So, your food for summer must contain antioxidants.
Watermelon and Cucumber
- Watermelon comes for a reason in summers. It contains 91.45% of water. It fulfills your water requirements. It gives you the best cooling effects that no other food for summer can give.
- Cucumber is loaded with fiber and water. It helps fight with constipation. It also keeps you cool. Do not cook them as a lot of moisture escapes.
Curd and Melon
- Curd is a delicious coolant. You can also make lassi or raita with curd. You can eat it with any food for summer you have. You can also make smoothies by adding fruits in curd.
- Melons help you stay hydrated. A single slice gives you superb experience. Melon is also low in calories.
Mint and Green Leafy Vegetables
- Mint is herb available everywhere. Add it in curd for additional flavor and benefits. It gives you a refreshing effect.
- Green leafy vegetables have numerous benefits. They contain high water content. Avoid over-cooking as it causes a lot of water loss. They are easy to digest.
Onions and Celery
- Onions too provide cooling properties. Prepare salads with onion for good taste. Also, add them in your vegetables for delicious food for summer. The red onions are loaded with quercetin, which is a natural anti-allergen. Onions also prevents you from sun stroke.
- Celery contains 95% water content. It is also loaded with Sodium, Iron, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Phosphorus, and Zinc.
Tomatoes and Spicy Pepper
- Tomatoes are high in the antioxidant lycopene, known as a potent cancer preventer. Tomatoes are 93% to 94% water. They are widely used in a food for summer such as salad or a sandwich. It is easy to slot this fruit into your daily meals.
- Chillies stimulate heat receptors in the mouth, enhancing circulation and causing you to sweat, which cools the body down.
Broccoli and Soup
- Broccoli is high in fiber and helps you with digestion, maintains low blood sugar and prevents constipation. It is 91% water.
- Do not go for winter soups. Make a light vegetable soup.
Berries and Fennel
- Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and cranberries are all very alkaline. They generate a cold energy in the body. Blueberries are packed with nutrients. They help protect cells from damage.
- Fennel and its seeds, both contain important nutrients. They boost your metabolism.
Dark Chocolate and Beans
- Dark chocolate reduces cholesterol in your body.
- Beans offer a healthy source of plant-based protein. They are helpful in the prevention of cancer and chronic inflammation.
Red Cabbage and Artichokes
- Red cabbage contains a good mix of vitamins and minerals. It helps protect against heart diseases, certain cancers, and vision loss.
- Artichokes are high in antioxidants, fibers, vitamins and contain many nutrients.
Spinach, Lauki and Grapes
- Spinach is the most famous green food for summer. It is also low in calories.
- Purple grapes are lower in calories than green ones. They are good to prevent heart diseases and cancer.
- Lauki is extremely popular for weight loss. It is an excellent blood purifier.
Nuts and Avocados
- Eat handfuls of Almonds, cashews and peanuts to get mono-saturated and poly-saturated fats to lower bad cholesterol. They are best food for summer.
- Avocados are good for heart and overall wellness.
Food to Avoid This Summer
There are some foods which can worsen the condition in your body in summers. They dehydrate your body. You will be surprised but also avoid ice-creams in summers as they are heavy to digest.
Salts, Tea or Coffee
- Salts cause bloating, high blood pressure and heart disease. Salts cause dehydration.
- Avoid hot beverages like tea or coffee. They increase overall temperature of the body.
Certain Spices, Pickles, Fries food or Junk food
- Spicy foods boils on the skin. They are not good food for summer. Avoid them !
- Fries foods dehydrates you and they are also not good for health. They are also difficult to digest. They have a negative impact on your overall health.
- Pickles make your mouth pucker, and are fermented. They are also high in sodium and leads to water retention, swelling, and bloating.
Famous Summer Dinners Worldwide
Summer is no time to be stirring over a hot stove. Some of the most famous dinners for summers are listed below:
- Fresh Basil Salad with Prosciutto-Wrapped Melon & Seed-Rolled Goat Cheese
- Crab California Roll Burrito and Hoisin-Glazed Salmon
- Mango Peanut Tempeh Tacos and Ahi Poke Bowl
- Two-Pea Pesto Chicken Salad and Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Italian Corner Deli Sandwich and Melon Prosciutto Skewers
- Fiery Szechuan Peanut and Chili Zucchini Noodles
- Asian Tuna Melt Nachos and Penne With Summer Veggies
- Fun Garden Salad with Edible “Dirt” and Watermelon Feta Salad
- Beet Gazpacho and Grilled Swordfish with Hazelnut Miso Sauce
- Asparagus & Argula Pasta Salad and Summer Panzanella Salad
- Naengmyun (Cold Soba Soup) and Basil Balsamic Chicken
- Cherry, Mint & Wheatberry Salad and Peach Panzanella With Burrata
- Roast Beef Summer Rolls and Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Chilled Cucumber, Avocado and Sweet Pea Soup
- Smashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich and Connecticut-Style Lobster Roll
- Crunchy Walnut Slaw and Gazpacho
- BLT & Potato Chip Lobster Rolls with Peach Salsa
- Tomato Watermelon Gazpacho and Shrimp Enchiladas
- White Bean and Summer Vegetable Salad
- Easy Brussel Sprout Tuna Salad and Mussels with Tomatoes and Garlic
- Japanese Chilled Tofu and Zucchini Lasagna Roll-Ups
- Raw Falafel Wraps and Crab Cakes
- Veggie BLT with Chipotle Tahini “Mayo” and Chicken Margherita
- Mango & Zucchini Lettuce Wraps and Chicken Teriyaki Pineapple Bowls
- Coconut Curry With Sweet Potato Noodles and Chicken Broccoli Stuffed Peppers
- Cold Southwestern Corn & Shrimp Chowder
- Greek Pasta Salad and Chicken Primavera Spaghetti Squash Boats
- Balsamic Grilled Steak Salad with Peaches and Skillet BLT Panzanella
Consumption of fruits
No fruit is dangerous food for summers. Consume as many fruits as possible. Apples (rich in dietary fibre, antioxidants and flavanoids), papayas (all-rounder, treats sunburn or tan, medicinal fruit), bananas (rich source of carbohydrates, power muscles, replace lost nutrients), citrus fruits (richest source of vitamin C, alternated to carbonated drinks, reduces nausea and vomiting), pears (reduce inflammation, promote gut and heart health), peach (rich in antioxidants, protect against aging) and mango (king of food for summer), are some fruits best to consume.
Consumption of Eggs in Summer
The most common confusion is answered here. Eggs are rich in proteins, vitamins and calcium. They are best for hair and skin. Most people say that eggs are high in cholesterol and cause heart problems. This is not true. Eggs are good for heart health. Some people blame eggs for acne, stomach and skin problems. This is not scientifically proven. Eggs can be warming but they are loaded with many nutrients. Have them and add them in your daily routine. Just do not eat too much of them as this will affect your appetite. They are also good for weight loss. Iron in eggs is important for red blood cells formations. Calcium in eggs is good for bones. Eggs are best for eyesight. If you do not consume too much of them, there is nothing to worry about.
Pair your food with Non-Alcoholic Summer Drinks.