You just need 15 minutes every day for morning routine yoga to make you more successful. A day started with a focused and well-balanced mind is really important. 15 to 20 minutes early morning would make a miracle so, You don’t have to take a lot of time out.
Here are the tips to start your morning routine yoga on the right foot:
- Get Enough Rest The Night Before: Do not scroll through your Instagram till late at night. You need 8 hours of sleep to regulate normally the next morning.
- Hydrate yourself: Before practicing morning routine yoga, try to give yourself some water and snacks. Do not forget to stay light. Almonds, yogurt, and some water are best to start your yoga.
- Easy Does It: Take baby steps. Don’t set your goals too difficult at the start. This way you will give up rather than start with the easiest that you can go with every day.
- Develop A Yoga Habit: Commit to yourself to practice 2 to 3 postures every day. If you miss one day, just start the following day. Don’t be too harsh on yourself. Go easy, go fun.
- Find a Sequence That Works Well For You: Find a sequence of postures that work the best for your well-being. Whether you like certain poses or seated meditation, I recommend you hire a tutor.
- Take Your Yoga Off The Mat: You won’t be able to practice morning routine yoga daily on a mat. Sometimes, you won’t have the time to unroll the mat. So, start practicing your yoga off the mat.
- Listen To Your Body: Do not try to force yourself. If you are not up for it today, then skip it. Your body needs a lazy morning too sometimes.
Following postures will help you create a positive mindset
- Arrive on Your Mat: Sit in a cross-legged position with hands up in the air. The hands must be slightly pressed together. You have to focus on one word in your mind which makes you more confident or happy.
- Cat-Cow: This is the best way to relax and warm up your spine after a long night. Come to hands wide open and knees known as cow pose. Now, extend the neck and inhale. Then, exhale and come to the cat position while tucking your chin with your chest. Your spine must be round in this position. Continue with these two positions and create a rhythm.
- Plank: Keep your body in a long line. With the help of your hand and knees, step both the feet back and stay in a lengthened position. Hold the pose for at least 30 seconds.
- Tree Pose: Bring the sole of the right foot to the inner left thigh then shift the weight to the right foot. Do not press against the knee. Stabilize the right foot. You can keep your arms up in the air. Breathe slowly and deeply and repeat the same on the other side too.
- Side Stretch: Stand with feet closed. Your body must be straight. Bring your arms up balancing weight equally on both feet. Lean the torso to the right and press the left hip to the left. Breathe on this site for some time and then change the side.
- Downward Facing Dog: Walk your hands a few inches forward with fingers spread wide. Then, Lift your knees and hips up the mat. Lengthen your spine. By keeping your spine straight, breathe 5 times.
- Savasana: Lie straight down on your back and relax your entire body against the surface. Then, close your eyes with your palms up the roof. Stay for as much time as you have.
In the end, open your eyes, smile, and enjoy your day. Yoga is safe to practice every day. Practicing morning routine yoga is more beneficial than any other time of the day. It is best to start your day with breathing and mindfulness. To make proper morning routine yoga make you more successful, a yoga book like The Yoga Bible, Science of Yoga: Understand the Anatomy and Physiology to Perfect Your Practice, and Embrace Yoga’s Roots: Courageous Ways to Deepen Your Yoga Practice will guide you the best.
To start your morning even better, you can check this out :